VIBRATION

2000 Saturn SL1

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2000 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99,000 miles

I was wondering when a 2000 saturn sits and idles, is it suppose to Vibrate, at a red light it will vibrate even sitting in my drive way running it will vibrate, I dont know if I have a problem with my gas gauge, I put 10 bucks into today, Mind u this is my first car, and I just got it today too. When I put 10 into it, that gave me 3 quarters of a tank and my husband drove it to work tonight and now he says it's at a half a tank of gas and he works 30 miles away. But mind u I drove it from Montour falls NY, which is 50 miles away tioday and My grandfather In law put 10 in it last night before he left the shop with it and it Brought it up to 1/2 a tank, and I drove from montour falls to my home which is 50 miles away and it just went off the 1/2 a tank line, and I was wondering does this seem like a gauge Problem and can I fix it myself? If so can u send me insructions on how to do it. Please or do u think I will have to take it to the shop to get it looked at which it just had the oil changed and Oil filter and it was inspected yesterday and it passes Could old tires be causing my Gas Problem? I would like an answer thanks
Babylvsm1519

Hi there,

The vibration could well be just a tune issue and if there is a problem with the tune this in turn will affect the economy, have a tune up done and do a consumption test, to do this correctly you will need to fill the tank, zero the trip meter and and drive around 40 -50 miles, re fill tank and this will give you an accurate MPG reading, try not to do to much city driving when doing the test.

Mhpautos