98 OVERHEAT

1998 Saturn SC2

Engine Cooling problem
1998 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Manual

98 Saturn sc2 purchased for $800 on the condition I would have to fix the fuel pump, well it dident need a fuel pump, just some babying and some gas, after that the car started fine, I would let run for a few minutes and turn off, repeated this process a couple of times, took it for maybe a 5 minute drive, then I got in my driveway and a minute later I see steam coming from my engine on the right side of the hood, I open the hood and see a bunch of engine coolant where I believe to be coming from the cap, however I have learned it could be a splice or pinhole in the hose, or a thermostat, or even a crack in the resevior. What do you the actual problem is or the part that needs to be replaced. Thanks.
Kffanelli

Nobody can tell you that sight unseen. It just needs to be pressure tested and examined to determine where the leak is coming from.

Wrenchtech
Well I appriceate your device, as far as pressure testing I will need to read up and learn about that, and tommorow I will buy antifreeze, green 50/50, and fill the resivoir halfway and start and leave running till I see the problem again and then might have some more information to give, thanks wrenchtech.

Kffanelli