TRYING TO LOCATE PROBLEM

1994 Saturn SC2

1994 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

when driving the car it will autamaticly down shift. Will not go into 2nd gear. Already change trans. And brain to car. What is you opion. How do you. Run the dignostic code on this year of saturn also manualy
Larry-mailman

Heres how u get codes on ur car. On the drivers side bottom of the dash theres the obd1 connector where u would put a code reader on. Look at the top row of it far right side theres two pins side by side. Turn the key to the run postion dont start it and jump those two pins together and leave it that way. Watch the service engine soon light flash.U will see it flash once then two faster flashes. Thats a code 12 that means the computer is good it will do this 3 times if it repeats the code 12 after the 3 times u dont have any codes. But watch the light for example if u see 3 quick flashes then 2 quick ones that would be a code 32 it would repeat 3 times then go to the next code when it gets back to code 12 then the codes are done. Let me know what codes if any u have and ill help u out with them. Also a question for u what yr and model did u get the transmission and computer from let me know.

2000 tran 1994 computur fed. Tran was change 3. Times problem still persist. Ill be running codes soon thank you. Ill be back.

Larry-mailman
Ok u have a 2000 trans what model is it out of?That could be ur problem let me know the model so I can see if the part number matchs I doubt a 2000 will match a 1994. Did ur computer come out of the same model as urs?What model did the computer come out of?Did the part number match ur old one?Let me know.

Thanks for the info. I will do some resurch on it. First ill be running the code to see what shows up.

Larry-mailman
My cousin did the same thing with his SC2. The transmission had to be replaced at 132k. The shop told him that the transmission that was put in was a remanufactured 1996, and his car is a 1998. It did not have a second gear, very violent shifting and the fluid had a milky look to it. He returned to the shop the next day and they told him some bs. In all, get the transmission from the same year and make.

1999SaturnSC2