WET FLOORBOARD

2001 Saturn SC1

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Saturn SC1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2001 Saturn SC-1. The floor board is soaking wet and in Gardendale Alabama, it is cold so the floor is ice in the morning and a big puddle after school. I only use the ac when it is warm (rare this time of year but it happens) and I think the A/C drain is clogged but I don't know how to get to the drain outlet. Getting to where the condensation collects would be nice (if it's easy).
Thanks in advance,

Chace
Chaceg99

The drain is on the firewall behind the engine just use a screwdriver or pick to put in there to clean it out then watch out or u will get a bath if its clogged very easy to clean. Let me know how it goes.

the drain is on the firewall behind the engine just use a screwdriver or pick to put in there to clean it out then watch out or u will get a bath if its clogged very easy to clean.let me know how it goes.[/quote:51083fa6cb]

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I found the outlet but the nipple that points down is nowhere to be found. If that is the actual outlet then the missing peice has caused it to clog

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/488222_878155_1.jpg

It looks like the elbow of that assy. has come off.

Chace

Chaceg99
[quote=" chaceg99" ]
the drain is on the firewall behind the engine just use a screwdriver or pick to put in there to clean it out then watch out or u will get a bath if its clogged very easy to clean. Let me know how it goes.[/Quote: 1402c28f3d]

I have tried to unclog it with a screwdriver last night and it wasnt even wet when I took it out. I stuck it in there and twisted and no joy. I'm going to try weed eater line when I get home.

Chace

Chaceg99
If u have a sc1 saturn then the pic u posted is wrong that pic is for a ls saturn the larger sedan there is no downward nipple on the sc1 let me know how the clearing goes.

Yeah wrong picture sorry. I tried shoving weedeater line in and got about 7 or 8 feet before I gave that up but the line had zero moisture on it and no water came out.
This outlet is right above the exhaust pipe and comes straight out of the center of bulkhead(and sticks out about a 1/2 inch. If that isn't the drain outlet, then I have no clue where it is.
Chace

Chaceg99
I still have no clue to what is causing this.
Is there anywhere else this water could be coming from?
It doesn't smell sweet so I don't think it's coolant.

Chaceg99
Thats the drain and where it is if its not clogged then I dont have any idea where else other then the heater core leaking or u have rain leaking in. Are u sure its comming from the heater box?

Where does the drain lead back to?
It doesn't smell like coolant and its only wet on drivers side.
It hasn't rained in weeks. I've hardly used the heat anyways.

Chaceg99
The drain is just a opening in the heater box it doesnt really go anywhere.

Where near the drivers side kick panel is a common place for water to leak in. It doesn't leak through the door I checked that today and it wasn't.

Chaceg99
Page 1 of 2