FUEL PUMP?

2001 Saturn SC1

2001 Saturn SC1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

Was driving down the road, engine cut out and all the electrical went crazy, put in N, re-started same thing. Pulled off and car would turn over but wouldn't fire. When turned over now, rough sounding and a cluncking in the rear, sounds inside the tank. Fuel pump is what most are saying,
would the electronics go nuts like that if the pump is the problem? Any suggestions?
Kevdec80

Changing the Coil and Modulator. If thats the name. Fixed this problem for me. Same exact symptoms. Try the coil first.

After that I blew 5 fuel pumps in 3 months. Still trying to figure it out. Im thinking the coil and modulator. Because it was second hand. Has some effect on it.

Zombie1234
First thing I would check for is spark remove two wires that are right next two each other off the the coils have someone crank it over while ur watching for spark. As long as ur checking for spark when the car doesn't start. Let's start there that's the easiest thing to check. We need to find out why it's not starting before u go replacing things. Let me know what u find.