O2 CODE GOES ON 13

1913 Saturn Other

I replaced the O2 sensor and then fix the wire but after a few days it came back on I fix the exhast leak but didnt change the sensor could it be because it must of gottenn faulty and need to replace it? :
JuanCBX3

Could be the wire repair. Always use factory parts that plug right in

Jack42
Are there any other codes?
Is the engine reaching normal operating temperature?

Peppermrj
The dealer told me to ceal it right but I did but that was before I got the car in running temp because it didnt have a termostat but dont know if the O2 got mest up running cold and cant give a signal correctly

JuanCBX3
The car is now running in the right temp but dont know if it maid the 02 go bat running cold so that could be the problem what do you think

JuanCBX3
O2s have to be hot (600 degrees) to function properly. A cold running engine would not ruin the sensor tho. The computer will not let it register if the coolant temperature sensor is faulty and reads low.

If the coolant temp sensor is good double check the wiring again.

Peppermrj
I tested the 02 sensor and stays at.859 and goes down only a little bit but dosent go up and down the voltage like it should

JuanCBX3
Thanxs for the update. Looks like a new O2 for you. : )

Peppermrj
I did and the light stays on still but once I had 2 wiers mix up one was the a/c and 02 the a/c wire was with the 02 and the 02 wire with the a/c could that of send a voltage to the computer and burn a wire or made a short to the 02 wire inside the computer

JuanCBX3