CONFUSED ABOUT CAR TROUBLE!!!!!

Saturn Other

I was in an accident w/my '97 Saturn SL2 a few wks ago - I ran into a lrg piece of metal on the rd. The only obvious damage was that I blew out my frnt rt tire, but I was in a ditch & a tow truck had to pull me out. The car was towed to an auto shop & they told me that the car was not drivable in its present condition. These are the repairs that they needed to make: they replaced the tire and the wheel, the lower ball joint assay & the right inner tie rod. It seemed fine at first but the wheel did'nt seem aligned (it was in the 10 'o-clock position when the car was moving straight). I thought this was an alignment prblm & took it into a tire shop to get the frnt tires realigned. They told me that realignment was not the prblm; I needed to replace my frnt struts & frnt strip mounts & then get a realignment. The car also shakes if I travel more than 50 mph. Did the original mechanic not complete the job? Is what the tire shop saying true? Are these all the repairs I will need??
Auto challenged

Depending on how hard the stop in the ditch was you could have also bent the subframe. The first shop should have seen that. Also if the control arm was bent to the point of needing replacement I would bet that the strut was bent also.

Try to find a shop that specializes in allignments not just a tire shop. Let them give you and estimate and advice on wether the auto body shop did what they charged for.

The blue bar on the left of this page has a link to " Avoid auto repair rip off". Good advice.

Good luck and let us know. : )

Peppermrj