DRAIN FOR THE AIR CONDITIONER

2002 Saturn L300

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Saturn L300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 83855 miles

I am requesting a quote on what it would cost to clear a drain for the air conditioning. The front passenger and driver side of the carpet under the dash has gotten wet. I would also need to know if it is necessary to replace the carpet padding as well?

I would need the quote to be applicable in the Denton, Texas region for appropriate charges.

Thanks,
Terri
Terri Shelton

It's really easy to do your self all you have to do is unbolt the drain that is held in by one bolt and remove the tube all the water will come out. Then clean the drain while it is out. The drain is located on the firewall towards the middle and has a bolt holding it in hard to miss it's the only thing that look's like that. As far as the carpet pad and carpet most the time you can just get a hair dryer and dry it.

Thank you so very much.

I have a dealership that is telling me that it will cost $220 to unclog the drain and $100 to replace the padding on the front under dash carpeting.

They stated that it takes a long time to disassemble the area to the drain.

Are they taking advantage of me with these charges?

Terri Shelton
The drain is easy to clean only has one bolt holding it on. You will see how easy it is to clean I used to clean them for a half an hour labor. As far as your carpet and padding goes as long as it doesn't have a mildew smell I would just dry it and save yourself some money. Let me know if you have any trouble with the drain I doubt you will there easy and straight forward.