SPARK PLUGS

2000 Saturn L100

2000 Saturn L100 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

Where are the plugs for a v-6 engine? Do I need to remove the air intake/plenum to get to them? The Saturn dealer in Houston, Tx wants $800.00 for the job and to service the fuel injection system. I got the fuel system covered but want some input on the plugs. I appreciate any advice on this car.
Terryhill

If $800 was the estimate, then yes, the intake would have to come off to repalce theplugs. They should be located under the plastic cover in the center of thehead.I suggest only using factory plugs (A/C Delco). If I remember correctly the upper intake seals with O'rings, so they may be reusable, but get a set just in case one gets damaged

Jack42
Thank you very much for the tip! I have the skill level to do the job but have not had the time. Thanks to the economic downturn time will be available! The labor costs at the Saturn dealership in Houston are horrendous and they have you by the short hairs as it's very crowded under the hood, requires special tools, etc. I had to have the tensioner for the timing belt replaced as well as the water pump. $1,500 up in thin air but for me to do it would have required missing work, renting tools, a tree and hoist as I think pulling the motor might have been about as pratical!

Terryhill
Yeah, its pretty tight in there. The plugs arent as difficult as they look. Best bet is if you have a digital camera to take pics as you go for reference when putting it back together if you need it

Jack42