REMOVING FUEL- IS THERE AN ANTI-SIPHON DEVICE?

2003 Mitsubishi Carisma • 106,000 miles

My other half's Carisma, parked outside our house, has been written off by a silly girl hurrying to work.

It has almost a full tank of diesel, and we're wondering if we can get it out before the insurance co takes it away.

Our local motor shop can supply a suitable pump for £10, so we're good to go. Unless the Carisma has an anti-siphon device. I understand this is usually a cone of wire mesh in the inlet pipe.

Does anyone know if diesel Carismas have such a thing?

Thanks in anticipation.

MrFahrenheit

Not familiar with these as they are not in u.S. But most newer cars have an anti rollover flapper in tank so fuel doesn't leak out in a rollover. You may be able to get a hose there to pump the tank out. If you can reach the vent try removing that hose and putting the hose there.

IF YOU CAN GET TO IT EASILY

REMOVE THE FILL HOSE FROM THE FUEL TANK INLET. SEE IF YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS AT THAT LOCATION, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET A "TRANSFER PUMP" (HAND OPERATED) FROM A AUTO PARTS STORE