BRAKE LIGHTS DONT WORK

2008 Pontiac Torrent

Brakes problem
2008 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

my third tail brake light works, the turn signals and taillights work but by brake lights do not work. What up?
Jaxonsmomma

Welcome to the site. Check stoplamp fuse 27--15 amp in the power distribution center under the hood, Also use a testlite and check that the fuse circuit is hot, when you step on the brake.

I checked the fuses and nothing. The third break light works but the two tail light break lights do not work when I push in the break. The work with everything else tho. What is causing this?

Jaxonsmomma
If your saying there is no voltage at the stop lamp fuse, then check the circuits at the stop lamp relay.

I am having the exact same problem with a 2006 torrent. The fuses are not numbered but all the fuses that have power have it on both sides. Totally confused please help

Ghengis1210
Underhood fuse box diagram is located below. If voltage to brake fuse checks out, I'd have to check voltage to and from the brake switch. I just wanted to add, your owners manual should have given the fuse labels?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_torrent_underhood_fuse_block_1.jpg