FUEL FILTER

2004 Pontiac Montana

2004 Pontiac Montana Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My wife recently had an oil change done on our van. The guy doing the oil change asked her if she wanted the fuel filter changed and she asked over the phonme and I said no. He told her that the filter should be changed periodically because if it is not, then the guage could stop working. Coincidentally, our guage has stopped working well before this point in time. Now, I would not believe what this guy said to be true but could it be or is this a coincideance? Anyways, We did buy a filter and I am having a hard time finding where it is located under the van. Doea anyone have any info on changing this?
Kodeblue

A dirty fuel filter has no connection at all with the gauges. The fuel sending unit is what controls the gauge and it is located in the fuel tank and requires no regular maintenance.

Your fuel filter is located about 18" to the front end of the fuel tank on the inside of the frame

Bluelightnin6