ABS SPEED SENSOR

2001 Pontiac Grand Am

Brakes problem
2001 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85,000 miles

Where is the speed sensor located on the car, and how do you put an ABS wheel speed sensor harness on?
Balladude

Which abs speed sensor is it?If it's the wheel speed sensor you will have more then one. Better yet what abs code do you have what's the number?

It is the right front passenger side
called an ABS harness and part number is 970-009

Balladude

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2001_pontiac_bonneville_rf_abs_1.jpg

I don't see a harness in the wire diagram the part you have does it have the wheel speed sensor on the end of the wire?

No it is just the harness that the speed sensor connects into

Balladude
What model bonneville do you have sse etc?

It is a 2001 Pontiac Grand AM GT.6 cylinder

Balladude
I emailed you a wire diagram of your abs system it only shows your right front speed sensor plugging directly into the engine harness it doesn't show that other harness in between. But if you have that harness then you have that harness.I also can't find instruction's on how to replace that harness it only show's how to replace the sensor. So my advice to you is to unplug the sensor and follow the wire back to the other end where it plug's into the harness. Unless it only has a connector on one end and bare wire's on the other end that would make more sense with the wire diagram. If that's the case then you will have to splice the connector in. Good luck to you.

Thanks! I got it fixed. It was the way you said.

Balladude