PROBLEMS

1995 Pontiac Grand Am

1995 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

My brother in law gave me his old car since he bought a new one. The car runs and all but I do have some problems. When the car is running, not driving, the whole engine shakes. He told me it was a loose spark plug but I tightened them all up and still have the problem. My neighbor said it might be the fuel injector or something and he took off a tube off the fuel bar and held his finger over it and the engine shook a little more than cut off. Once back on it ran but shook still. I'm not sure what else it is and don't have money to put it in the shop. Also I have a small coolant leak but can't seem to find the place it's leaking. Any places to check? And the last is the brake light is on. The manuel said the parking break may be stuck but it's not and the brakes seem to be fine but idk I need some help
Xxtodd91xx

This could be caused from a few things. First, before you spend to much money replacing parts I would find out for sure where your coolant leak is. I am assuming that this is a 2.3 or a 2.4 4cylinder? If there are no visable coolant leaks on the outside of the engine or cooling system then it is possible that it has a failed head gasket and it is leaking coolant inside the cylinder of the engine causing a cylinder to misfire, thus your engine shaking? Is there anitfreeze or water in the oil? The only way to figure this out for sure is to have someone do a pressure test on the coolant system and/or a leakdown test on the engine.

If you find an external leak then obviously this is not your problem but it should still be fixed, and I would say that your miss would most likely be a bad coil cover, ignition coil, bad fuel injector, or possibly a vacume leak.

Bildo76