SOMETHING IS DRAINING DOWN THE BATTERY

2001 Pontiac Aztek

2001 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

I have a 2001 Pontiac Aztek. It is having intermittent problems with it not starting. I replaced the battery and had the altenator tested and tested it for anything drawing the battery down and found nothing wrong. There is no check engine light on. Yet once every week or so I go to start it and and it is dead, but with a quick 5 minute charge its good for another week. I think there has to be something drawing the battery down. Any ideas.
Jjproth

To find out do the battery drain test below:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_parastic_draw_1_167.jpg

That last guy gave some great advice. Here's my thought. Try his first. If you don't find anything wrong then clean your battery terminals and cable ends real good with a wire brush. GM battery terminals are prone to corrosion so go to Advance Autoparts and buy yourself a set of Autocraft Anticorrosion Battery Washers (2-Pack) 98 cents
Part No. AC184/A1601312.
My thoughts are that this is a corrosion issue. I've seen several cars not start because of a thin layer of corrosion across the terminals which does not allow the alternator to do its job. Everything will seem o.K. Until the day the car decides it's had enough and doesn't want to start.

Vpedwards