96

1996 Plymouth Voyager

Hi all,

I am attempting to fix my minivan myself. It has about 170,000 miles on it. Engine size is 3.36L V6. I have the little book you buy at Autozone to help fix engine issues, but that is the craziest book I have ever seen.

So Let me tell you what the van is doing. A while back I was on my way to work and it seemed like it was starving for gas, like no matter how much you mashed the gas pedal it would barely move until it " dies". Well long story short, someone thought it was a hose, he said he saw a hole in it and " fixed" it, yeah right. Well it worked for about a day, then I was driving it about a mile to a location to have body work done and it did the same thing again. So yesterday I got out there and put it up on some ramps to take a look and rubbed all hoses I could see and really didnt feel any " holes" . And of course that book doesnt really give you any great diagrams as to the hoses. So can anyone help as to where some diagrams are or maybe some better instructions on what the problem could be?

Thanks to all
sass
Sasssyassy

I had a similar problem with an 80's Dodge Charger. It would run fine for a few miles and die once it sat for a few minutes it ran fine for a few miles and then do the same thing all over again. The solution was given to me by a certified machcanic and very simple.

He took a coat hanger and fished around the gas tank until he got a hold of the sock filter, gave a good hard yank and ripped it open. Seems that the accumulated debris were being sucked up so that the filter would become clogged and starve the engine, once it settled of course it would run fine until it clogged again. I did have to change fuel filters once a month or so for awhile but it ran great. You might try that. Might also check the fuel pump if it's an electric to see if it has an intermmitent short.

Brad Habermehl