PLYMOUTH VOYAGER ENGINE PROBLEM

1994 Plymouth Voyager

Hi, I own a 1994 Plymouth Voyager. This car run's and drives great, but I am having a problem with a pretty significant antifreeze leak. When I recently got the car, I was told it was a minor leak, coming from the water pump, but it is actually a major leak and it's over by the drivers side of the engine, not anywhere near the water pump. When I look on the underside of the car when the engine is running, I can clearly see antifreeze drizzleing onto to ground. I have driven the car less than one mile and ran the engine no more than 45 minuets since I have filled up the antifreeze, and now it is already down to the add mark on the coolant container. Does anybody know how to go about fixing this problem.
Thanks,
Shannon
CarSJM

Fill the antifreeze back up with the engine off annd when it cold. If it is leaking, get a small mirror if needbe, a light source and start looking. Keep in mind that liquid can take funny paths, so really try to see where it is really coming from. Being a 94, almost anything is fair game- gaskets, hoses, etc. If nothing is obvious, have someone start it (with no one under the hood), and then quickly try to narrow it down. Be careful of moving parts or ones getting hot. IF you see it and can't describe it, take a picture and upload it as your avitar and maybe some of the fine folks here can guide you. : )

I found the place whhere the engine is leaking, it seems as if the thermostat, thermostat gasket, or thermostat housing is leaking, so I will pull it apart tomorrow to see exactly what the problem is. I guess I do have a minor leak also by the water pump, but it is very minimal, unlike the other coolant leak. Would I be able to use that liquid thay make that is supposed to fix coolant leaks if you add it to the antifreeze.
Thanks,
Shannon

CarSJM
You are best to fix the leak. I strongly suggest not using the additive to fix leaks. The problem with that stuff is that is doesn't know whether it is plugging a leak that goes to the outside or if it is plugging up a port, passageway or other internal parts in the coolant stream. : Cry: You will probably create more problems by using it. Glad you found your leak! : D