MODELS CAR WON'T START

1997 Plymouth Other

1997 Other Plymouth Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

I have a 1997 neon that won't start. Ihad it runnung and then after a few min. It sputtered and died and hasn't started since. I was told it was the fuel pump so I replaced it and it is still doing the same thing. It will crank fine but it acts like it isn't getting gas or a spark. Please help
Neondummy

It sputtered and died and hasn't started since. To determine what's missing fuel or spark do below

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light.

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time