REAR BRAKES TIGHTEN ON A 1959 PLYMO

1961 Plymouth Belvedere

Brakes problem
1961 Plymouth Belvedere V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 600 miles

I recently converted my 1959 Plymouth Belvedere to disc brakes front and rear. For the first couple months things were fine. Recently, the rear brakes tighten, and this seems to be associated with the engine warming up (the car rolls free when first started, but not after the engine is warmed up. I can pump the brake pedal a lot before the engine warms, and this doesn't seem to result in tight rear brakes; conversely, I can let the car warm-up in the driveway, then the brakes tighten aftern a few pumps).

What could cause the rear brakes to tighted like this?

Thanks,

Jim
Vanderlejm

If you put disc brakes on teh rear of the car an dused the original master cylinder that's the problem. You also need to have a propostioning valve put in. You can't use a master cylinder off of a drum brake car on disc brakes. EVen if the master is a dual system brake. Drum brake cars have check valves in the master to keep pressure on the cylinders so they will not have to work form the very bottom.