PASSENGER SIDE FRONT AXLE BANGS DURING ACCELERATION AND DECELERATION, ENGINE IDLES EXTREMELY ROUGH AT STOP.

1994 Pontiac Grand Am • 2.7L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 186,000 miles

Just replaced the entire braking system on the front of the car, along with the master cylinder and ABS module. Took it to a mechanic had them bleed the ABS system. Got the car back, now when I accelerate or decelerate I get a bang almost as though the car is hoping in or out of gear. When I come to a stop the car idles roughly and once you step on the gas to accelerate again the rough idle stops and you get that bang again. Trying to keep the car drivable until I can buy something else. Ideas what the banging is all about? I'm thinking half-shaft/cv joint or wheel bearing.
Stormykatt

The banging sounds like a axle I cant tell you what it is I cant see or feel anything. Your going to have to check everything and see whats loose or not right. Make sure the axle is in all the way maybe even spin the front wheels while the front tires are off the ground on jack stands.