OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass V8 Automatic

I have 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass Surpeme. My automatic Transmission stopped going in drive, but it goes in reverse. What could be wrong with it?
Slickartisticnick

What were the symptoms before the problem started

Mobileoilandmore
The symptoms were transmission leaking at rear seal, low transmission fluid, and dragging (felt like the car wasn't taking off as usual). And my father didn't let the car warm up either.
Also, if you can figure out the answer, do you know what the price would be to fix the problem?

Slickartisticnick
Sounds like due to low trans fluid the the pressure in the trans was low and allows the trans to slip and wear out the steel and fiber discs causing it to seam like its not shifting into gear. But in actually it is. Just slipping baddly. What city and state do you live in

Mobileoilandmore
Tyler, Texas

Slickartisticnick
I used to live in Arlington but now I live in fort myers florida or id just come to you remove the trans and rebuild it with high proformance parts. If you plan to soop it up. Theres an aamco transmissions shop or you can locate a used transmission from a salvage yard.

Mobileoilandmore
Well, I can do that from a salvage yard but I don't know what kind of Automatic Transmission to look for? Or if I want to buy a new one. Does it matter of what kind of engine size it is? So, can you help me... it's a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4dr. Sedan, with a 350 Rocket engine, 2 barrel carb.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/296723_IMG_1370_1.jpg

Slickartisticnick
Yea its gotta be a olsmobile bellhousing. And its a turbo 350

Mobileoilandmore