CAR START ON ANY SHIFTER POSITION

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass • 120,000 miles

I have a 1995 Cutlass supreme, OBD2 converted with a 97 Cutlass engine, tranny, computer and wiring. When I finished the conversion, everything work fine except for one thing, engine won't crank with the key. It crank and start, and work fine when I jump the starter solenoide, but nothing happen from the key "start" position. I brought the car at a GM dealer to have the key reprogrammed, but the tehcnician simply by-pass the security system. Few weeks ago, the police ask me an inspection for the car and they found that it start at any shifter position. I tchek the neutral safety switch and it's OK, but I could start the car even with the switch unpluged. I don't know if this problem was present before the security system was bypassed, but I think the problem come from this "backyard repair". Am I wright? How can I test that? I can't put the car back on road before this issue being fixed.
Crazycutlass

No, you have a wiring issue.
How did you check the park/neutral switch?

By the way, that bypass is not a backyard repair. Something in the changeover has caused this issue. It will take wire tracing from the ignition switch to the starter to determine the failure.

I used an omhmeter and rotate the knob on the switch. The current passed on the park and neutral positions, but not on the others.

Crazycutlass
Ok, then you have another issue with your wiring harness? Was it the exact year for the car?

As I said, car is a 95, powertrain and computer are 97. I used all the same wiring that came with the new computer and put them back the same way they were originally. I want to make this car a collectible, so I did the job the most professionnal. I inspect all the wires and connectors before I put them back and they were all nice with no alteration or wear.

Crazycutlass
In the start position, you have some sort of feed bypassing the park neutral switch. You will need to trace down the wire from the ignition switch to the starter motor.