BLOWER WILL NOT RUN ON THE HIGH SETTI

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Automatic 158000 miles

Hi all I have got a 1995 Oldsmobile Ciera V6 158k and the blower motor will not work on the high setting. It works fine on all other settings except the high setting. When switched to the high setting the blower motor will stop blowing air, but the A/C compressor is still working.

I have replaced the blower motor resistor with a new one and still that did not fix it, what do you think could be the problem a new blower.
Cestus

Hi Cestus, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Lets try swapping the blower motor relay or replace it the relay powers the hi setting

OK, where is the blower motor relay located underhood or dash?

Cestus
Its on the relay bracket in right front corner of engine compartment

OK I located 5 relays on the bracket two of them were 5 pronged (the new relay is also 5 pronged) I swapped them both out at different times with the new relay neither worked the blower motor still does not work on high speed.

Please advise.

Cestus
Okay check the orange wire on the blower relay for continuity back to the high setting contact of the blower switch

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_blower_relay_8.jpg