ENGINE STALLS

1990 Oldsmobile Ciera

1990 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

1990 cutlass cierra with a 3.3 V6. It runs fine then will just stall. I have installed a fuel preassure gauge and it runs around 40 psi and doesnt change a bit when it quits, The car will not start and I spary a mist of starting fluid into the air intake and it fires up for a second untill it consumes the staarting fluid. This entire time the fuel preassure does not fuulter so I suspect for some reason the fuel injection system is intermittantly working. After a bit the car will start up and run fine then quit again with all the same symptoms. What would cause all the fuel injectors to worki ntermitanly?
Pat barr

The fact that it fires on an alternate fuel source, and has fuel pressure, narrows it down to a couple possibilities. First I would check the warm resistance of each injector, it should be around 12-13 ohms. The possibility exists that you could have one or more shorted injectors, causing the ECM driver to shut down due to excessive current. Another possibility could be a faulty ECM. There is a ground for the injectors/ecm on the transaxle stud, or a bolt to the trans case, it just states 'on a transaxle bolt'. The same fuse that powers the injectors, powers the ignition module, and it sounds like you have ignition. I don't believe the crank sensor can stop triggering the injectors, and still fire the coils.

Factoryjack