SQUEAKY UNDERCARRIAGE

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada

Noises problem
2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

It used to only squeak in the winter but this year it has warmed up and still squeaking. I took it to a mechanic in town and he said it would cost more to fix it than it was worth (said my SUV was a piece of @#!((). I am a female and have no mechanical expertise.
Mikeskoogles

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I, too, have a 2000 Bravada that makes squealing, scraping noises from below, as well as a " pop" when the wheel is turned hard to the left. The thing is, mine's only got about 53,000 miles on it.

Like in your case, a mechanic I called up about it said, ". You do know that those aren't the most reliable vehicles on the road, right?&Quot; I didn't know that. However, it IS the vehicle I have right now, and, as long as gas costs more than $1.50/gallon, it's not like I could even hope to sell it for very much.

Snarg
Well, yes and no, I was told by more than one person that all the rods in the front end have to be replaced and that is the reason for the noise. Getting the parts at a local parts store was over 300.00 alone and having someone do it was over 750.00. Right now I am living with the noise.

Mikeskoogles