CAR STALLS OR CUTS OUT

1995 Oldsmobile 88

1995 Oldsmobile 88 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

Car stalls while driving, and when slowing for a stopsign. Will run well sometimes for about 45 minutes then cuts out. When driving from point to point, will sometimes not start after sitting parked for a short period.
Geoarch9

Has the check engine light come on? Have you checked fuel pump pressure?

Let me know.

The answer is yes to both. The light has come on, the pump works and delivers fuel to the injectors. Fuel flow looks strolng, but I do not have a pressure gage.

Geoarch9
First, I need you to have the computer scanned. If the check engine light is on, there should be a diagnostic code stored in the computer. Most parts stores will do it for free. Let me know what you find. If I feel it isn't related to the issue, I will need you to check fuel pump pressure. It may seem to have enough pressure, but may be low.

Let me know what you find.

Thsnks, I will do that and let you know the results.

Geoarch9
Thanks. The check engine light / scan should point us in the right direction. Make sure to get the diagnostic code for me.