A/C NOT COLD ENOUGH

Nissan Sentra

'96 Nissan Sentra
Engine 1.6, AT, 327K miles (runs great)

I live in a very hot/humid location and my compressor is a new Nissan compressor. The dryer was replaced as well as the expansion valve. The evap coil was cleaned at the same time. Fans always operate when AC is turned on. Problem is that it only blows cold air in the early morning/late night. Daytime it's just cool, but not cold like all other cars are. At idle it goes from cool to almost warm in just a couple of minutes. The AC system doesn't leak and the pressures are good, btw, and the cooling system has never come close to overheating. I cleaned the orig. Condenser and it didn't help. I think it simply needs a new condenser, but my friend says if it isn't leaking then the condenser is fine. It has been like this for years with 3 rebuilt compressors and I thought a new compressor would fix the problem, but it didn't. Long freeway drives are a little cooler than city driving and much cooler than at idle. What do you think?
Paisanojac

Hi there,

I would check that the heater tap is not leaking, as a quick first up check, and the inside / outside air vents are working as they should.

Mhpautos