CHANGING BRAKE PADS AND BRAKE SHOES

2005 Nissan Sentra

Brakes problem
2005 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 555102 miles

My brother was going to change my back brakes over the weekend but couldn't figure out how to do them. He has changed many back brakes before but apparently was having some difficulities on the " back" of the brakes finding the tension release place. Do you have a diagram of how to replace brake shoes and brake pads on a 2005 Nissan Sentra?

(My car could be a 4 wheel drive. Someone told me it is probably a 2 wheel drive.I don't know if this makes a differance or not)
Lumifan4ever

4wd was not an option on this vehicle. Make sure the emergency brake is released. I checked Alldata and I don't see anything unusual about these shoes. once you have removed the drum, remove the retainer springs from the shoes, you'll need a special tool to do this. If your brother has done brake jobs before he should have this tool. then rotate the shoes back and forth and they should pull out easily. this tutorial explains the process thoroughly: http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/rear_brake_shoes.htm

Discostu24000
Thank you! I'll print off that tutorial and see if that helps him. I don't know what he was talking about, so it was difficult for me to explain my problem. But I really appreicate the tutorial. I just hated to go out and buy a book if I could find the information online for free. Thanks so much!

Lumifan4ever
How do you remove the brake drum on a 2005 Nissan Sentra? That's the first problem he was having? Do we need any special tools to remove the brake drum? Thank you so much for any help!

Lumifan4ever