"CLUNKING" NOISE

Nissan Other

Please help. I have this awful clunking noise everytime I go over any kind of bump or uneven ground. It's coming from the front left end near the tire. I think it's the strut or maybe bushings. Any advice. It's driving me crazy and it sounds like the whole front end under carage is about to fall off. But 2 different mechanics and myself can not find anything loose.
Kittiemalibu

It sounds like a strut or many a loose exhaust hanger rubbing when you hit a bump. Grab a cold tailpipe and shake it. It it moves a lot, maybe that's the problem if no a strut or shock. Good luck

Losone
Thanks so much. I am figuring it's a strut. I hear it only in the front end. But I will def. Check the tail pipe. Cause i'm starting to hear noise back there as well. Thanks for the advice

Kittiemalibu
With the car parked, set the tires parallel and try shaking the car by the driver side tire pushing in and out on the top of the tire toward the engine compartment. If you notice any kind of play, you may have a bad ball joint.

Cbaileyii
I have tried that with all my tires and I even had new tires put on and re balanced and 2 alignments done. And nothing is loose as far as that goes. Not sure yet. And i'm starting to get nervous as far as driving it cause i'm starting a new job with a drive tagged onto it. Thanks so much for the advice! I will try it again.

Kittiemalibu
When all else fails one has to accept the advice of a mechanic. Have it looked at by a trusted front end mechanic. Say away from Muffler shops. Good luck

Losone
Indeed. That's funny cause I just called a friend to refer me to one. Cause at this point I think i'm going to have to suck it up and go to one.
Thanks bunches again!

Kittiemalibu