89 HARDBODY P/U TIMING

1989 Nissan Other

I'm a little confused on checking the timing on my p/u, and my haynes book is not very specific on the 89 year. My concern is the statement to disconnect the vacuum advance hose and plug it, however I cannot locate any such hose on the distributer, is this a step I don't need to worry about on the 89, it's the z24 engine.
Bill_in_Seattle

I believe you are correct. I have a 87 and there is no vacuum line. Most of the manuels for these pu's seem to be based on the1980-1982 models. Good luck.

Jerry Hurt
Yea I think your right on that. I just got done replacing the rotor as it was pretty darn rusty on the contacts and that was probably driving most all my problems. Plus the O2 sensor needed replaced. After that it's still the question of if I'm doing the timing right, I had to re-adjust the dist. To how it was when it came from the factory (set to full retard) to get it back to 10 deg tdc.

Bill_in_Seattle