MODELS CRANKSHAFT SENSOR/ DOCFIXIT

1995 Nissan Other

1995 Other Nissan Models

Thanks DOCFIXIT, but I thought the distributor held the CAMshaft sensor
Dmscar

You were correct. But why did the book show it was mounted on bellhousing, I'M CONFUSED.
So where is the CAMshaft sensor or IS there one on a 1995 Quest GXE?

Dmscar
No crank until 1996 what is production date?

Docfixit
Date is Oct. 1995

Dmscar
You may have a 96 engine check engine block under rad top hose near where bellhousing mates up. Crank sensor should be there

Docfixit
Nothing mounted on bellhousing, there is however a place where maybe the crank sensor might fit.
There is a hole that was not machined out with a bolt holt with no threads in it. I have since gone to a shop that is Nissan warranted but not affiliated with a dealer, they only repair Infinity/Nissan.
He explained as you did, that on that engine the CRANKshaft post. Sensor was in the dist.
He replaced it and everything is fine and he was kind enough to let me bring in my own replac. Parts.
After a do-it-youself Knocksenor replacement, I understand you can purchase a replacement KS harness and bolt your new one on a more accessible location of the block (as long as there is a bolt hole there) The Nissan Quest was real piece of work : (
Anyhow, Thanks so much for the info.
It's time for a donation the next time!

Dmscar
Thaks for info this has been a learning experience for me. Glad you got it running.
Merry Christmas

Docfixit