MISFIRE... MAYBE? ACCELERATOR ACTS VERY

2000 Nissan Maxima

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2000 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 152800 miles

I got a flat tire, replaced it. Banged up my front alignment, fixed that (all from hitting a pothole). A week later I was driving home, put it the car in third gear and the car would not accelerate - only rev. So I fixed that (axle), but now. When my car is in second, third, fourth, and fifth gear, if I floor it. It has the same response when I simply apply very little pressure to the gas. Also, first gear is very shady when I first start it up after a few hours. Spark plugs are worn. Would this have anything to do with it? ANY suggestion would be GREATLY appreciated. I've had no luck with cars, especially this one because some jerk sold me a lemon. Thank you!

updated 6/24/09
He said clutch might be slipping and it might need a new clutch assembly. What exactly is a clutch assembly? Is that equivalent to a clutch kit? Flywheel? I'm not so sure it might even be the transmission, but I wouldn't be surprised. Check engine light is NOT on. And when I floor the gas, it feels VERY VERY strange.
Upinsmoke

Sounds like the clutch is slipping and it needs a new clutch assembly

What exactly is a clutch assembly? Is that equivalent to a clutch kit? Its the same thing

One way to check for slippage is to test drive the vehicle and lug the engine at slow speed in high gear. If the engine races, you have confirmed the problem.

The clutch can also be checked in the service bay by setting the parking brake, chocking the wheels, putting the transmission into high gear and slowly releasing the clutch pedal (make sure nobody is standing in front of the vehicle when you do this!). If the engine stalls immediately, the clutch is not slipping. If the engine continues to run when the clutch pedal is fully released, the clutch is slipping badly and needs repair. If the engine slows, but continues to run, the clutch is slipping.