WHAT TO DO?

1999 Nissan Maxima

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Nissan Maxima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

So I took my car in about a while ago because I was seeing some minimal smoke and the car was overheating. The mechanic told me my thermostat electric fan was broken and that it would cost me $1000 to repair. I couldn't afford it at the time so I put it in my friends driveway and didn't touch it for almost two months. I took it in today, only a 2 mile drive, and the guy told me that my head gasket had blown because of a radiator leak and that it was either get a new engine or pay $2300 to repair it all. Is he trying to screw me with the prices? And is what he is saying sound like what could be happening to my car? I don't want to pay this much. Also, can any of it wait to be repaired or is it necessary for repair?
Maxima21

You can get it block and pressure tested this will tell if you have a blown headgasket

$2300.00 for a headgasket-Ouch! In his dream get out now or you'll be sorry

Or DIY with this high tech stuffs: Thermagasket or Steel seal its proven to work less than $100.00

Good Luck and God bless you