: FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEMS

1993 Nissan Maxima

1993 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles

After a 2 year sit, I decided to get my 1993 Maxima running again. I had less that 1/4 tank when I parked it but forgot to add any stabilizers. So it would run but very badly with additives and I took it to our local mechanic (NAPA auto repair). They found that the gas tank had a lot of sediment and sludge in it so they replaced it. They said the fuel pump worked great (it's only 3 years old) and I drove it home just fine with a fresh tank of gas. At around the the 900 mile mark from the repair, I started having the car cut out and stutter while driving. I've found that I can shut the car off and it's fine once i've let it sit for a bout 30sec-1min, but it starts acting up again after a few minutes. This gets worse the lower the gas tank gets. If I top it off, it runs fine until I hit 3/4 tank then starts the stuttering again. I'm guessing that somehow the fuel pressure is dropping just from the weight of the gas in the tank getting lower, but how would one figure this out for sure?
Maxima_1993_owner

Check the fuel pressure to find out what the fuel pump is doing-could be on its way out-