WHITE/BLUE SMOKE COMING OUT EXHAUST

2007 Nissan Altima

2007 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 48000 miles

I have a Nissan Altima that start smoking from the exhaust and jerking when my oil got low. We poured more oil in temporarily and took it to the shop the next day to get an oil change, as usual. They said there was no damage, although my oil had gotten very low and that I definitely hadn't blown a head gasket, like I had worried. The mechanic told me that it could take a couple of days to burn off the excess oil and that my car might continue to smoke a little. It's now been almost a week and at first I saw a significant difference in the amount of smoke and now it seems like the problem is back and just as strong as when I originally took it in. They claimed to have checked for busted valves, cracked pipes, etc to make sure there wasn't a leak anywhere, however, I just don't know what is going wrong. The problem got better for about 2-3 days and now it seems just as bad. It will smoke a LOT when I first start it but then as I drive it will stop smoking until I stop at an intersection for awhile and then it will smoke a little again as I accelerate. Any advice to what it might be?
Alexaforbes1

Well first check your brake resevoir, make sure it is not going low, because if you have a bad check valve in the booster it will suck brake fluid into the combustion chamber through the vacuum system and will appear to be blue smoke, secondly, you either have bad rings or valve seals, no doubt about it, valve covers and springs need to be removed in order to check them, it probably went a way for a little while because when you filled it up, it swelled the valve seals up too, only allowing a little oil into the combustion chamber, throw some oil conditioner in the crankcase to see if that will help with the smoke, but you'll have to keep an eye on that oil untill it is fixed, my guess is valve seals