CLICKING NOISE

2001 Nissan Altima

Make: Nissan
Model: Altima GXE
Year: 2001
Mileage: ~83000
Engine Size: 4-cyl, 2.4 liter, Automatic Transmission

Problem:
For about 2 weeks on and off I have had this strange clicking noise coming from inside the vehicle on the driver's side. It would even click when the car was off - it sounded like my turn signal was engaged and it would click around every 30 seconds. Every time it would click (at night) I would notice it drawing a large amount of power because all interior lights and headlights would dim (not good). The clicking noise has ceased. However, I have lost power to my dome light, courtesy lights, driver's seat, locks, windows and now on my dashboard the " door ajar" light is constantly lit. It seems as though each of these items are part of the same circuit. I was wondering if this sounds familiar to you guys and if I could fix it myself and avoid taking it to a shop and/or purchasing an expensive manual with electrical schematics. I have researched this problem extensively and have found a ton of the same questions for earlier years of the Altima but unfortunately no answers.

Thanks for your help!

- Proteus
Proteus

Find the instrument cluster system bulb check relay could be it.

Its a blue plastic square box looking -underneath the dash driver side close by the fuse box.