STALL AND INTERMITENT ENGINE POWER

1994 Nissan Altima

I have a 1994 Altima SE with 147,000 miles on it. About 1 month ago while driving, it stalled, then took about 10 minutes of sitting before it would turn over again. It drove very rough on the way home, almost feeling like it was running out of gas (tank was 3/4 full). I had a diagnostic test done at the local Nissan dealership and they determined it was a bad Distributor. The dealership wanted $825 to repair it, so I took it to my local repair shop and they replaced it with a remanufactured distributor for $225. My car ran fine for about 3 weeks, but when I left the house one morning, it had the same symptoms. Since then it hasn't had any problem, and the repair shop says that until it does, they can't diagnose the problem. They say it's most likely not a bad remanufactured distributor. Is there something else that could be the problem? Thank you.
RAWSKY

Not enough information, but I would seriously do a better job of checking the fluids. This engine I would say has been 'hot'. You could have piston ring damage, head warpage or cracking. Not sure about the financial side of things but I might suggest lifting up the radiator cap and sliding a new car under it.

Bruce Hunt
Well, I am not too sure. It might be a bad alternator, though I don't know why it would be on again off again like that.

Hmm. Well, good luck- I really don't know what to tell you.

JCroW