1986 Nissan 300ZX

1986 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 240000 miles

My 1986 Nissan 300zx non-turbo was running fine, then just stalled out suddenly and would not restart. I checked the plugs, wiring, fuel, all are OK. I installed a new coil, distributor cap and rotor. If I unplug the connector wire to injector #2, engine will start but idles on only 2 or 3 cylinders (very weak ignition in cylinders 2, 4 and 6). When engine is idling, if I reconnect injector #2 again, engine will stall out and will not restart - unless I spray Carb and Choke Cleaner into the air intake while cranking the starter. Then it will start. I checked the fuel pressure and it is 37-40 psi at idle - which is in the range specified in the Nissan Manual. Can anybody help me figure out what the problem is?

EDITED on 06/29/10:

Thank you, rasmataz! (Below).

We just checked the ohm readings at injectors #1, #2, and #3 (the others are buried deep behind wiring and hoses.) - And the reading at #2 was way off, only 1/3 of the readings at #1 and #3. So, #2 is definitely failed. I really appreciate your help and I will be making a contribution to this site!

Thanks again, ras and guys !

Check and test the injector no.2 solenoid resistances could be shorted out and dragging the other ones down or the wiring itself