OIL LEAK

Mitsubishi Other

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage with 127,000 miles on it. I have noticed an oil leak on the left side of the engine and thought it might be the head gasket seeping. However, today I saw that another oil leak was occurring on the right side of the engine. When I looked, I saw that the oil wasn't coming from the head gasket, but that it was coming out from around the spark plugs. What could be causing this and how can I get it fixed without having a gigantic repair bill?
Justin65809

Ok, make sure that the oil is coming from the park plug hole, or is it dripping or running down from above the spark plug. Your valve cover gasket may be bad, and if so, they are easily replaced at not too much of cost.
If you have oil coming from your spark plug hole, then your head gasket is blown or you have a cracked head. Both will be a little expensive to repair.

Mikeybdman
A compression check on all culinders will let you know if you have major problems.[/Quote: c8b4277ee4]

Mikeybdman