SPARK PLUGS

1996 Mitsubishi Legnum

1996 Mitsubishi Legnum 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

Hi there,
Im looking for spark plugs for a 1996 Mitsubishi Legnum 1.8 GDI (4G93 - EA1W). I've talked to various people only to get mixed results. The two part numbers i've found are BKR6EKUD (currently installed in the car) and PZFR6B (this is what the local parts stores have listed). I emailed a mitsi mechanic who said that the BKR6EKUD is a specially designed plug for GDI engines and this is what I should use, however i've had another mechanic say to me that those plugs are designed for the turbocharged engines and I should use the PZFR6B (platinum plugs). The car runs well with the BKR6EKUD plugs that are installed but I dont know if the platinum plugs would be better. Can you offer any advice?
Cheers,
Murray
Muzza01

Spark plugs are a fine are. They are disigned to light the fuel misture in the cumbustion chamber. This you already know. Now there is different reaches and different heat ranges. Now the PZFR6B is a double platnum made to fit your car and the BKR6EKUD seems to be a non platnum version. So if the car runs fine and is not pinging or anything then in a couple hundred miles just pull one to check the burn and if that looks good then leave it as the heat range looks the same. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions then just ask.

Racefan966