SLIPPING?

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 23500 miles

While accelerating in gear and I gradually accel my speed the rpm jumps up 1000rpms right as it boosts just for a sec or two then bogs back down in rpms and accels normally? This happens in every gear. Downshifting is normal in all rpm range.I don't think its the clutch but I am told that it could be a center differantial problem? I just need a real answer. Plz help so I dont get raped by the delearship please?
Erik6306

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

I do have some doubt that it is a center diff problem, for the revs to spike like that you have to loose drive I would be thinking more a clutch problem but this still worries me as I have never see a clutch behave like this before, I do feel that it is something that one really has to experience first hand to make an informed judgment on, I am not sure how a center diff would affect his problem, I will do a bit of home work on this, but I would also get a transmission specialist to road test and get there opinion as well, let me know what they say.

Mhpautos