CODE P2138

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

hey guys! Need your help. While driving for about 85 miles my car service engine lights up and the car doesnt want to accelerate just stays in 60 mph so I pulled over and check the engine for something unusual after 5 minutes of stay I run the engine again and I went ok after driving another 50 miles it went back again so I did the same thing, what do you think is the problem I deed go to near by carshop and the code reader shows p 2138.

thanks
Art@555

I had this same problem the other day. The problem turned out to be something to do with the wiring of the accelerator pedal position sensor. Here is what I did to correct the problem: 1. With the car off disconnect the wiring harness from the pedal position sensor and reconnect it. There may be a loose connection and re-seating the harness may correct the issue. Start the car and press the accelerator pedal. If your RPMs go over 3000 then your problem is fixed.

2. If the above step did not solve your problem the problem may lie with a frayed or loose wire in the wiring harness. I traced the wires from the harness back as far as I could and pinched the wires in a couple places to try to get the break in the wires to touch each other. Again start the car and if your RPMs go over 3000 your problem is fixed.

If your problem is still not fixed then you may have an issue with the pedal position sensor itself and not just the wiring.

Gutiarist616