GAS PUMP PROBLEM?

1974 MG Midget

1974 MG Midget 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 54000 miles

I have left my little buddy sit in the garage too long and now it won't start. I shoot some starting fulid into the spark plug holes and put plugs back in. Then re attach the cables ( I taped them and numbered them ) and crank it over. VROOM.......kaput! Pulled out the choke as I always do but it won't run. Any help out there?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/330401_LEFT_1.jpg

May3wd

Disconnect a sparkplug or 2 and ground it to the engine and crank it over-do you have spark? Let me know

Yep, I have sparking. This happened once before when I let it sit too long without turning it over and the mechanic said it was something with the fuel pump near the back of the car but I forget what he told me to do next time it happened.

May3wd
Yes I have sparking

May3wd
Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/pick-up strainer and fuel pump

How do I do that. I'm a novice when it comes to cars.

May3wd
You hook up a fuel pressure tester before and after the fuel filter on the fuel line