A/C COMPRESSOR

2001 Mercury Sable

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Mercury Sable 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 112, 00 miles

I want to know if my car is having two different problems?
First, my check engine light came on so the mechanics proformed a diagnostic check and said that my battery has low voltage and this is the reason why to car is not starting. Then a few days later my car stopped running and would not start. And now the mechanics is saying that my AC Compressor is not working which caused the car to lock and not start. Is that true?
2001silver

Hello –

To better assist you I need to know if your model is a GS or LS. Also what is your engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.

This is kind of a tricky question. You have one belt that drives all of the pulleys. If the AC unit is lock is will not allow the belt to turn. Or if it does…. Not very well, and it should cause a bunch of noise etc.

You may have a couple of problems…. Can you disconnect the belt and see how free the AC compressor wheel turns?

Thanks for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS