FUEL PUMP

1998 Mercury Mystique

1998 Mercury Mystique 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i put my car on ramps to change my speedometer wire before I did that the car was running fine after I changed that speedometer wire the car wont start it just turns over
Kenney142

Did you disconnect battery before making the repair? Check fuses, can you hear fuel pump buzz for few seconds when you first turn key without cranking?

Bluelightnin6
No I didnt disconnect the battery before I changed the wire. The fuses are all good. When I turn the key it doesnt buzz or nothing

Kenney142
Test out the fuel pump relay, it is in left front corner of engine compartment, in battery junction box.

Bluelightnin6
I bought a new relay it still doesnt turn on when I turn on the key

Kenney142
May want to double check wiring to pump then to ensure you didnt' damage or knock loose when was making repair to speedo. If its good then could be coincedence that fuel pump went out. Can remove and test pump before replacing to make sure it is bad.

Bluelightnin6
Where could I bring it to get it tested autozone or something

Kenney142
Not sure if auto part store tests fuel pumps, any local shop could do it though.

Bluelightnin6