CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2006 Mercury Milan

2006 Mercury Milan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 46000 miles

I was recently in an accident. It was a driver side front end collision. When I went to picked up my car everything looked great, but then my check engine light came on. I also here this faint rattle from the engine area when I am driving. I do not hear when I am just idling in park with the engine on or even when I accelerate in park or neutral. Any ideas? Besides the faint rattle, almost sounds like something is a bit loose, and the check engine light nothing else is wrong with my car.
Chvnc7

Ok first on the check engine light. Call around to your local parts stores and see if one of them will do a free scan and get the the code write it down and have them clear the codes and get back to me with the code.
As for the rattle I would go back to the body shop and have them look it over to ensure that nothing is loose or has been missed ok. Get back to me with what you find and we will from there.

Racefan966
OK I will do that soon. Thank you very much.

Chvnc7
Don't forget to write the code down so we can see why the light is on ok. Get back to me

Racefan966
Will do. I can't do it until after work today. I will post it tomorrow. Thanks again.

Chvnc7
No problem just get back to me when you get the codes and we will go from there.

Racefan966