BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR

1991 Mercury Cougar

Heater problem
1991 Mercury Cougar V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Vincent answered my question about Error code E7 on the temp readout. I removed the blend door actuator and checked the motor and mix door. The mix door moves freely and If I use an outside power source the motor works. However, if I connect the blend door actuator to the heater connection, the actuator does not work. I have 4 volt reading on a meter connected to the heater connection that does not change when I activate the controls (heat, vent, defrost). Would the problem be in the blend door actuator or in the dash control module.

Thank you
Norman
Offone

You should have 12 volts at motor it sounds like the controler its not the acuator

Jnovack
Would it be better to find another control unit or trace the problem to the core.

Norman

Offone
First try tracing the wires back from door acuator to the controller to check that there are no breaks in wire and if you don't find any then I would change the controller

Jnovack
Thank you, I will start looking for a module now and also check out the wiring.

Norman

Offone