NO SPARK

1991 Mercury Capri

1991 Mercury Capri 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have recently had a problem with lower spark about 5 months ago, replaced coil car worked very good till about 3 weeks ago. Then the car started out fine and then after a while after driving the car would shut down, I would pull over and the car would start, but once rpm got over 1.5 the car would shut down. After a few times doing this the car would then run fine for a while again, and then do this all over. Until finally one day it wouldn't do that so I check coil spark no spark. Replaced didn't help, replaced the ignition contol module, didn't help, Was told by ford dealership it was the pcm (main computer) so ok replaced that still no spark from coil. At witt's end with this problem, I have all the books and repair manuel's. One forum said camshaft senor, which I can not seem to find. Ordered the distributor coil ignitor should be in today. I see some schematic with a ballast resistor wire, no books tell me where that is either. If your fix does fix this I will gladly donate, but this is eating me up with people looking at it and parts with cash, so help if you can please.
Bslicker

The only thing you haven't check is the distributor pick-up coil-you're getting a new distributor is this correct? If so its contained within-

The resistor wire powers the coil-check the coil positive terminal for battery voltage, none found the wire is open-the wire purposes is to reduce the voltage to prevent the coil from burning up-

I am not getting the whole distir. Just the pick-up coil inside the distr. Which should be in today I hope. I'll know in about a hr. I can give another update after I put that in hopefully this afternoon.

Bslicker
Well got the part in and replaced insiide the distr. That did not work, still no spark from the coil to the cap

Bslicker
PICK-UP COIL
Check continuity of pick-up coil. If continuity exists, replace igniter unit. If continuity does not exist, replace pick-up coil.