WINDING NOISE

2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320

Other Category problem
2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 28+ miles

I had some new tires put on the car and and got an alignment, the tire size is 205/55/16 for the front and the backs are 225/50-16. Hopefully they put the right size tires on there. And I got an alignment the car was fine until they changed the tires and gave me an alingment, do u have any idea what might have gone wrong and what is causing that winding noise I here when I take my foot off of the gas to hit the brakes, the instrutment panel does show anything wrong with the car.
Agreene

The noise you hear is the tires. Did they use the exact same tires? A more aggresive tread pattern will make more noise, especially a performance tire.

Jack42
Thank you I will take the car back to them and see if they put the right tires on there. How would I know the correct size?

Agreene
Not sure as far as brand goes, but sizes should be on inside door frame on drivers side. You can try calling M/B and asking what brand tires their cars come with, I wanna say Michelin's, but dont quote me on that

Jack42