PLEASE ADVISE

2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320

Interior problem
2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 99000 miles

Hi, I just recently putchased used Mercedes CLK 320 convertible in real good condition. But like in a bad dream, after just two rides the front power seat stop moving forward-bakward. All other function of that seat are working, but the main " movement" is not. I hear the electrical spund of the motor? Trying to move to not avail. More that frustrating. To go to the dealership? It's certain ripp off; to try another " authorized auto repair" facility, specializing in German motoros? In both scenarious it will cost a lot of money. Is it possible to fix such a problem myself with the help of repair maual, please? Any recommendation how to chose proper mechanic? In any case, thank you so uch in advance,

Kamen
Kamen6

If you can hear the motor working but the seat doesnt move, then it is a problem with the drive or the seat track. Regardless the seat will have to come out to see what it wrong. A specialty shop will be less expensive than the dealer

Jack42
If you here a " click noise" like a relay then its most likely the seat control module. They are a common failure. If you could reach under the seat, try to move the seat in the direction that is failing for a few seconds. If the track or the motor are faulty, then the motor will feel hot when trying to move. If the motor does not feel hot, most likley the seat control module under the seat. Try unpluggin it for a few seconds then plug it back in, that may reset it. Both the seat track, motors and control modules are common failures.

Westcoast619